Observation


"A writer is someone who pays attention to the world."
-Susan Sontag


The best way to become a great writer?

Read, observe, write.

Repeat for the rest of your life.

What things in your life can you observe? 
Can you notice new things about them every day?

©Emmeline Chock
"I believe in evidence. I believe in observation, measurement, and reasoning, confirmed by independent observers."-Isaac Asimov

"For writers it is said that the first twenty years contain the whole of experience—the rest is observation."
-Graham Greene

I'd sit for hours watching the birds or squirrels, or looking into the faces of flowers. When I discovered a new plant, I sat beside it for a minute or a day, to make its acquaintance and try to hear what it had to tell me." -John Muir


Some observation and writing links:




Look around you. Feel the wind, smell the air. Listen to the birds, and watch the sky. Tell me what is happening in the wide world." -Nancy Farmer

In pale moonlight
The wisteria's scent
Comes from far away 

-Yosa Buson




Image by Beverly Buckley from Pixabay 

butterfly wisteria
Image by 272447 from Pixabay 
hummingbird with flower
Image by toshib-fit99 from Pixabay 
wisteria at night

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

N is for Name

F is for Fear

G is for Gratitude